Ladona is docked at the wharf located at the end of Captain Spear Drive, just off of Tillson Avenue in Rockland, Maine. Our on-site parking is also located on this street.
Rockland is a four-hour drive from Boston, the last stretch a leisurely tour along Route 1.
Driving directions from Boston
- Take I-95 North.
- Take exit 44 toward South Portland and continue on I-295 North.
- Take exit 28 to merge onto US Route 1.
- Continue on Route 1 all the way to Rockland.
- In Rockland, continue straight at the third traffic light (just past the Rite Aid) onto Park Drive.
- After 350 yards, turn left onto Tillson Avenue (the Hamilton Marine store will be on your left).
- Take an immediate right onto Captain Richard Spear Drive. There is a sign for the Rockland Windjammer Wharf at drive entrance.
The wharf is at the end of the street as is our on-site parking.
Although we have no car rental offices in Rockland, there are a couple in the vicinity from which you can take a local taxi into town:
- Budget Car Rental is located at the Owls Head Airport, 10 minutes south of Rockland.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car is located in Thomaston, just 3 minutes outside of Rockland.
Taxi and Limo Service
- Joe’s Taxi (207-975-3560)
- Schooner Bay Taxi (207-594-5000)
- Mid-Coast Limo (800-937-2424) offers transportation to and from the airport in Portland.
If you plan to fly, a few local options are at your disposal:
- Knox County Regional Airport (Owls Head, ME) – 10 minutes south
- Bangor International Airport (Bangor, ME) – 2 hours north
- Portland International Jetport (Portland, ME) – 2 hours southwest.
The nearest large-scale airport is the Boston Logan International Airport, nearly four hours away by car.
Cape Air offers direct flights between Boston and the Owls Head Airport just 10 minutes by taxi from our wharf in Rockland.
By Train and Bus
The Amtrak Downeaster train line runs from Boston to Brunswick, Maine, with stops along the way including Freeport and Portland in Maine.
Concord Coach Lines operates from New York City as well as Boston’s South Station and Logan Airport to Portland, Maine. From there you change buses for a ride to Rockland. You are dropped off downtown, just a short walk from our wharf.