There’s no doubt in our minds that you’ll want to spend time exploring Rockland and beyond.
Here are a few of our favorite places to help inspire your extended vacation.
Rockland is not only home to Ladona but also the center of Maine’s lobster fishery. It boasts a vibrant cultural hub, specialty shops and boutiques, and diversity in culinary destinations.
Rockland has a well-deserved reputation as a foodie’s paradise. There is something for everyone, from the James Beard award-winning Primo to traditional lobster shacks. Here are some of our favorite and unique spots:
- Café Miranda
- Fog Bar & Café
- In Good Company
- The Landings Restaurant
- Rockland Café
- Rustica Cucina Italiana
- Suzuki's Sushi Bar
- Waterworks Restaurant.
- Fiore Olive Oils & Vinegars
- fourTWELVE – select designers, stylish accessories, and gifts
- The Wine Seller – wines, cheeses, and gourmet food
Our Favorite Vendors
- Black Dinah Chocolatiers
- Jess's Market – family-owned seafood market
- Maine Street Meats – the best cheese around
- North Haven Oyster Co.
- Rock City Coffee
- Sweetgrass Farm Winery and Distillery
A Bit Farther
Use Rockland as your home base to strike out and explore the surrounding area. Just up the road is the storybook village of Camden while the inland hills offer spectacular hiking. Beyond are a few worthy destinations.
- 40 Paper (Camden, ME)
- Frog & Turtle Gastro Pub (Westbrook, ME)
- Long Grain (Camden, ME)
- The Slipway (Thomaston, ME)
Day Trips & Islands
We recommend exploring these nearby parks and islands: